The ‘Spirit of Christmas’ Lights Switch-On returns to Regent Street
To celebrate the launch of the festive season, the Regent Street Christmas Lights Switch-on Show and Traffic-Free Shopping Event will take place on Thursday 14 November 2019, in partnership with The Crown Estate and Heart FM. The show will start at approx. 5:45pm and finish at approx. 6:30pm with a grand finale firework display.
Promising a fun occasion for friends and family, the traffic-free event will also include a shopping evening from 4-9pm. An array of brands that call London’s most iconic shopping street home will be joining in the festivities with a host of in-store and on-street surprises – from special shopping events to musical acts, and extra special gifts – to mark the start of the festive season.
This year the stage footprint area will once again be located between Vigo Street and Heddon Street, click here to see site map. If your store is located within the footprint area, we ask that avoid scheduling any deliveries on the morning of Thursday 14 November to allow us to maintain a one lane traffic system.
To facilitate the preparation and event, there will be a series of phased road closures planned:
Click here to see road closure map.
Click here to see how it could impact your store’s delivery times.
- New Burlington Street will be closed from 11:00pm on Wednesday 13 November until 11:00pm on Thursday 14 November
- Regent Street will be closed between Conduit Street and Piccadilly Circus from 1:00am until 6:00am on Thursday 14 November when it will then re-open operating a one lane traffic system until 4:00pm.
- Vigo Street will also be closed to traffic from 12:00 noon until 10:00pm on Thursday 14 November
- Regent Street will operate full road closure between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus at 4:00pm through to 10:00pm on Thursday 14 November
Please note the road closures during the times specified above, will affect or prevent access to the following streets during the day:
- Air Street
- Argyll Street
- Beak Street
- Burlington Mews
- Conduit Street
- Glasshouse Street
- Great Castle Street (east side)
- Great Marlborough Street
- Heddon Street
- Kingly Street
- Little Argyll Street
- Mason’s Arm Yard
- Mill Street
- New Burlington Street
- Pollen Street
- Regent Street
- Upper John Street
- Vigo Street
- Warwick Street
If you have any queries about the road closures, please contact Anas Wihaib from the New West End Company on 07510593207 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org