This July, we welcome the return of our annual traffic-free Summer Streets events for its fifth year!
To celebrate the summer season, this year Regent Street will once again be pedestrianised the length of the street from Oxford Circus station down to Piccadilly Circus station on set Sundays in July, August and September. Including a range of activities, entertainment and food and drink offerings instead of the usual traffic, Regent Street is the perfect place to while away your summer days.
Taking place on Sunday the 14th July, 21st July, 18th August and 15th September, the Regent Street Summer Streets series are created to encourage visitors to enjoy the festival-style atmosphere in the heart of London, along one of the most iconic streets in the city.
Whether local to London or visiting from afar, Summer Streets promises to offer something for everyone. Retailers, restaurants and businesses all are preparing to come together to offer the public a special series of Sundays to remember.
There is so much to see and do on the street, including:
- Museum of London: Learn more about Regent Street’s history on 14th July with the Museum of London. With horses being a highlight of the Museum of London’s new Beasts of London experience, the museum will present a range of activities highlighting how influential these animal have been to the capital. In fact, Regent Street was initially built to accommodate the horse and carriage, the main transportation at the time. Discover more about London’s horsey history through family-friendly craft activities and get up close with some of the objects from the museum’s collection.
- Asics: Discover a host of sporting themed activities, from an energetic tennis competition (14th July), a 10k run (21st July), an inspiring insight into accessibility in sport (18th August) and a showcase of sports style and Japanese heritage (15th September)
- Calvin Klein: Create your own iconic Calvin Klein Jeans T-Shirt with any purchase and add your own initials for that extra special touch – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Hollister: Get snapping with inflatable floats, deck chairs and vintage suitcases at its Instagram scene and enjoy complimentary glitter face painting – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Hotel Café Royal: Satisfy your sweet tooth with desserts, ice cream and champagne at Cakes & Bubbles – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Hunter: Find children’s favourite Peppa Pig on 15th September
- Karen Millen: Sip on complimentary cocktails and ice pops on 21st July
- Kiehl’s: Sample its range of skincare and receive complimentary skin consultations – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Kipling: Sit back and relax and tuck into complimentary ice creams – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- L’Occitane: Cool down with ice cream at the L’Occitane Café – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Lululemon: Work up at sweat with a series of outdoor fitness sessions – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Microsoft: Take part in cricket themed activities – 14th and 21st July
- Molton Brown: Learn expert skin care routines and discover its range of products– 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Superdry: Treat yourself to an ice cream – 14th July, 18th August
- T2: Sample teas in a range of tea making classes in collaboration with Laird’s Mad Hatter’s Tea Party – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Ted Baker: Sink into large deck chairs with a drink in hand – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Tommy Hilfiger: Try your hand at table tennis – 21st July, 18th August, 15thSeptember
Indulge in street food from some of the Regent Street neighbourhood’s best eateries.
- aqua kyoto: Tempura rock shrimp
- aqua neuva: Croquettas
- aqua spirit: 200th anniversary cocktail
- Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill: Oysters, smoked salmon on brown bread and champagne
- Crosstown Doughnuts: Doughnuts and a range of soft drinks
- Gaucho: Charcoal BBQ’d steak sandwiches
- Ham Yard Hotel: Stuffed Yorkshire puddings with Pastrami rubbed barbecue beef ribs, mustard & gherkins, and Stuffed Yorkshire pudding stuffed barbecued courgette, ricotta, minted pea salsa. Also sample refreshing drinks including; Watermelon Aperitif, Aperol Spritz and a non-alcoholic cocktail
- Hawksmoor: Steak sandwich and ox-cheek sub and a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Heddon Street Kitchen: Burgers, soft drinks and Aperol Spritz
- Ice Bar: Wagyu bao, pork bao, vegan tofu bao, crispy tofu roll, crispy rice and salmon, spicy tuna tostada
- Shroyu: Ramen and buns
- tibits: Vegan and vegetarian delights
- Ziggy Green: Halloumi fries with pomegranate and mint yoghurt
Also discover a range of in-store activities:
- Anthropologie: Take part in a creative illustration workshop on 15th September and have the chance to be have your best London Fashion Week outfit drawn by the stores talented Visual Manager
- Anthropologie: Enjoy a gift with your purchase – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Anthropologie: Each weekend feel refreshed with a glass of the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirit range at Anthropologie’s Seedlip pop-up bar
- Arket: Enjoy 10% off your purchase and receive a complimentary hot drink and pastry for purchases of more than £200 – 14th and 2st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Gentle Monster: Discover an immersive in-store installation designed by Rob Story – 14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Maje: Find refreshing ice lollies in-store – 14th and 21st July
- Karl Lagerfeld: Enjoy a gift with your purchase –14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September
- Kiehl’s: Take part in ‘spin-top-win’ and enjoy complimentary and expert skin consultation –14th and 21st July, 18th August, 15th September