Over the last few months, The Crown Estate, in partnership with Westminster City Council have been working on a transformative programme of improvement works for Regent Street. These improvements are designed to be the best welcome back to the West End befitting an international destination, whilst providing more space for increasing footfall to support businesses going forward.
Some of these exciting changes include:
- Over 5,000 square meters of new pavement space.
- A reduction from four lanes of traffic to two
- New cycle lanes and cycle parking
- A linear “arboretum” of 62 semi-mature trees and 16 different tree species
- 332 planters, 55 seats and 20 benches.
Progress so far
Phase 1 of the programme from All Souls to Piccadilly Circus has now been completed with all widened pavements now laid. The majority of trees and planting have been installed, and seats, benches and planter wraps are due be ready by March 2021.
Keeping you updated
We’ll make sure you’re kept informed on all the progress, and continue to send you regular updates with images of Regent Street. We’re also really keen to hear your views. Please do share your thoughts with us and we’ll do our best to take them on board.